Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Fire and Ice

     Today is a day of mixed emotions. School was delayed two hours because of some snow/ice hybrid that has dominated our Texas roads, so I got adequate sleep for the first time in years, lunch was uneventful, and, with the exception of some ice, it was pretty boring. That is, until I checked my local news source.

     At approximately 1 pm, 271 East Oakland Street caught fire. The fire crews did the best that they could to put out the fire, but they didn't risk entering the house because of its shoddiness. Two hours later, it completely collapsed. William, Stevie, and I had made plans earlier this week to go and check it out.  I guess that isn't an option now.

     Honestly, I don't know what happened there. I think that it could have been connected to the Crusaders, but it could have just as easily been started by squatters trying to keep warm. For the moment, I am not going to make any judgments. I am thinking about stopping by later to see if I can find any connections from the building to the Crusaders. This is getting very interesting.

     I haven't told my family or very many of my friends about what has been happening. I know that they don't need to know, but I still feel a bit guilty keeping this from them, considering how this research is now taking up a fair bit of my next-to-non-existent social life

No comments:

Post a Comment